I just wanted to share some statistics about how amazing social media is (via Social Skinny):
- Sales via social commerce are expected to reach $30 billion within five years. That's absolutely incredible. If you offer a product, or even a service, that customers could potentially purchase online, make sure you're out there.
- 66% of online adults are connected to one or more social media platforms. This means that there is a very good chance some of your current and potential customers are connected to social media.
- People were 25% more likely to buy a product they would be proud of if it had social buttons placed next to it, but 25% less likely to buy a product they would be embarrassed of if it encouraged them to like or tweet about it (by having social share buttons nearby). This is a great way for you to get your name spread across the internet... fast.
- 83% of people who complained on Twitter liked or loved a response by the company. What if there are people saying negative things about your business via social media and you're not there to give a response or explanation? It doesn't make you look very good. Get social! I have had so many experiences where I have had a complaint about something with a business and they solved my issue quickly via social media.
- 58% of businesses saw a drop in marketing costs by moving to social marketing. Social Media is very inexpensive... especially after you get the hang of it.
Social Media Facts:
- In February 2012 Pinterest had 10.4 million users
- In February 2012 Twitter had 500 million registered users (approx 200m active)
- Twitter accounts for approx 3.61% of referral traffic (according to Shareaholic study)
- 1 million accounts are added to Twitter every day
- In February 2012 Facebook had 850 million users
- Facebook accounts for approx 26% of referral traffic (according to Shareaholic study)
- Of the 850+ million Facebook users, 31% check in more than once a day!
- In February 2012 LinkedIn had 135 million users
- LinkedIn accounts for about 0.20% of referral traffic
- In February 2012 Google+ had 90 million users
- Google+ accounts for about 0.22% of referral traffic
These are some astonishing facts about good old social media. 850 Million on Facebook? Get your business on there and be seen!
What reservations do you still have about social media... if any? I want to make you a social media believer!
Please subscribe & leave your comments below.